How to Embed a Tangler Topic Into Wordpress
Embedding a Tangler topic is really easy. However, depending on your Wordpress setup, you may have to tweak it a little. Let us know.
Embedding Tangler Into A Wordpress.com Blog
Unfortunately, Wordpress.com blogs do not allow embedding of any kind for security reasons. However, you can link directly to the topic which will still get people swarming in.
Embedding Tangler Into A Self-Hosted Wordpress Blog
1. Go to the topic you want to embed.
2. Click ‘Share’ in the top right hand corner of the topic window.
3. A small window will pop-out. Select the entire contents of the ‘embed’ text box and copy it to your clipboard.
4. Go into the Wordpress blog post you are creating and click on the ‘code’ tab to let you work in HTML.
5. Put the cursor in the blog post where you want the embed to appear and paste in the code.
6. The code will appear and you can adjust the size of the embed by changing the width and height fields.
7. Click back on ‘Visual’ to complete your blog entry. Note that the topic will not appear in the Visualise view, it will only show on the blog post in a preview or after you publish it.
8. Publish the blog post and when you go to your blog, you will see the topic embedded nicely right where you put it. You will see that the embed has a few less text editor options but still plenty for you to play with. Also, the ‘Share’ is shown in the embed, so your visitors can then embed the topic in other places.